Perovskite is a kind of crystal material whose molecular formula is ABX3, which is octahedral and has high photoelectric conversion efficiency. It is widely used in photovoltaic, LED and other fields. Perovskite solar cells (PSCs) are solar cells that use perovskite structure materials as light-absorbing materials, and are representative of the third-generation high-efficiency thin-film batteries.
Characteristics and advantages of perovskite solar cells
Compared with traditional crystalline silicon batteries and other thin-film batteries, flexible perovskites have the following characteristics and advantages:
1. Soft light and good light transmission.
2. Perovskite high efficiency. The conversion efficiency of perovskite cells is significantly higher than that of crystalline silicon.
3. The material cost is low. Raw materials are basic chemical materials, do not contain rare elements, easy to obtain and the purity requirements are lower than silicon. In addition, the amount of perovskite material is small, and the total thickness is about 1um.
3. Low production cost. Perovskite solar cells mainly use coating process and PVD process, the production process is greatly simplified, suitable for large-scale production.
4. Flexible perovskite can be roll to roll (Roll to Roll) production, light weight, can save logistics transportation and labor costs.
5. It can be made into colored and translucent films, which can achieve different color effects.
Flexible perovskite can be directly attached to the surface of the original building structure, and the installation cost is low.
Flexible perovskite solar cells (FPSCs) have the advantages of high flexibility, light weight, portability, compatibility with irregular electronic products, and show great potential in the field of wearable power supply and integration with architecture in the future. It mainly includes BIPV (building integration), BAPV (distributed photovoltaic), portable applications, 3C applications, active Internet of Things & 5G communication (sensor photovoltaic), intelligent bus stations and billboards, light boxes, etc.